Benyon Primary

Benyon Primary School, situated in South Ockendon, was opened in 1863, and was built using money donated by Richard Benyon, a Lord of the Manor. The school was originally built to cater for just 100 boys and 80 girls, now it caters for approximately 210 pupils, with the present day school being built in 1952, to include a morning nursery. The school is situated in very pleasant surroundings with beautiful gardens to the front and a large spacious playing field behind the school, bordering open farmland. The school is well equipped for all pupil needs, including; 10 teaching areas, a nursery with outdoor play area, a substantial library area, and a large hall which is often used for P.E. when not being used as a dining area. The playing field is used for a variety of different activities from play to games lessons, and clubs such as football, cricket and athletics. The playground provides the pupils with just as much fun as the spacious field.